Make It Our Business provides information and education to help employers and other workplace stakeholders to address domestic violence in the workplace.
This presentation is an awareness program to address domestic violence. This is not just family issue, this is workplace issue. The desired outcome from these trainings is to start a dialogue and remove stigma around the topic of domestic violence.
We have a large trained presenting team that can modify their presentations to your work place upon consultation.
- Contact us for availability of the free training:
- Training can be structured to your needs, lunch & learn, staff meeting, or segmented training.
- What is the need with your organisation? What do you want to learn about?
Contact Perri Garvin by email or call 780 443 8330
“Workplace violence is the threatened, attempted or actual conduct of a person(s) against a worker – singular or repetitive and unwelcome in nature, in the context of his or her employment – that causes or is likely to cause harm to the worker’s physical or psychological well-being or dignity. It includes any threatening behavior which gives the worker reasonable cause to believe that he or she are at risk”. AHS Community Sector WPV-Working Group Definition
Focus on Workplace Response to Family Violence
| 1. Increased Representation on the Project Team
|| Including, but not limited to, OH&S and HR representation from agencies and businesses
| 2. Updating Resource/Research Package
- Workplace costs associated with family violence
- Research articles reflecting the importance of, and barriers to, protocol training
- A standardized collection of relevant reference materials
- Protocol templates and tools
| 3. FV in the Workplace Protocol
- Support FV in the Workplace Protocol Development with member agencies of CIAFV and other social agencies
- Maintain linkages and support to Health Sector
|4. Community Collaboration
- Working collaboratively with initiatives in the community related to Fv in the Workplace
- CIAFV Community Advocates Project Team
|5. Workplace Protocols
||Launch of FV in the Workplace Protocol Implementation of FV in the Workplace Protocol Hosting a Lunch and LearnFocus Agencies: EAP/Occupational Health and Safety, CSS, YMCA, AHS, City of Edmonton, Businesses, Sheppelle FGI
- Build relevant partnership/relationship
- Link with ACWS and their workplace initiative
- Develop training curriculum
- Support standardized provincial process