Canadian Red Cross
Canadian Red Cross offers different training through the year:
- Healthy Youth Relationships
- Bullying and Harassment Prevention
- Email Sarah.Jensen@redcross.ca for more information.
Family Violence Across the Lifespan
- A 2-Day interactive and engaging workshop that gives service providers a basic understanding of family violence. Participants will learn about types of abuse, the cycle of abuse, dispel common family violence myths, understand barriers, safety planning, and how to respond to disclosures. Participants will also examine the impacts of family violence on children, seniors, and in LGBTQ+ relationships. This workshop aims to develop skills to identify, respond, and support clients within their organization and community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Strangulation Identification Training
Morag McLean, Registered Nurse & Strangulation Identification Specialist
- The participant with knowledge and understanding of strangulation in domestic violence and sexual assault including; the mechanism of injury, the signs, and symptoms of strangulation and causes identifying and assessing victims, the short and long-term health implications of strangulation, informed consent, and erotic asphyxiation, and documenting and advocating for the victim.
- On completion of this workshop, the participant will have a good understanding of strangulation and the process of identification, assessment, and care of strangulation victims Contact email@example.com for more information.