Ethno-Cultural Family Violence Committee (EFVC) enhances capacity, collaboration, and coordination of family violence resources and services for ethno-cultural communities by providing education, consultation, and advocacy.
Statement of Beliefs
- All people have the right to safety.
- All families deserve a healthy relationship free from Family Violence.
- All ethno-cultural families deserve access to culturally and linguistically sensitive services.
- Culture (customs, traditions, and values) cannot be used to justify abuse.
- Age, gender, and sexual orientation cannot be used to justify abuse.
All Ethno-Cultural Family Violence Committee members have one or more of the following:
- Experience working with ethno-cultural individuals, families, groups, or communities.
- A desire to acquire expertise in working with family violence issues in ethno-cultural communities.
- A desire to increase understanding of, and sensitivity to, family violence issues in ethno-cultural communities.